A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Do family responsibilities affect political ambition? Jennifer Lawless demonstrates that there is little evidence that family structure impacts political candidacy.
- Student debt perceptions. Matthew Chingos discusses the high levels of student debt owed by top-income households.
- Russian compliance with the INF Treaty. Steven Pifer testifies on Russian compliance with the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty and the U.S. policy response options in the event of a violation.
- Understanding the BRICS’ new development bank. Raj Desai and James Raymond Vreeland address the agreement among Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa to establish the New Development Bank.
- Xi’s anti-corruption campaign. Cheng Li and Ryan McElveen debunk the misconceptions about Chinese President Xi Jinping’s campaign against corruption.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.