Women’s Leadership Program
Share knowledge and experiences with high-performing women from a diverse group of government agencies.
In the WashU at Brookings’s Women’s Leadership Program, learn to lead change from positions of formal and informal authority. Acquire skills to negotiate successfully in any workplace situation and enhance your ability to communicate with authenticity and impact. Participants will form close bonds, creating an extraordinary community of female colleagues. This course is open to the public and not limited to participants from the U.S. Government. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
2023 Course Dates:
- September 26 | Power, Politics and Informal Leadership (in-person)
- September 27 | Organizational Strategy (in-person)
- September 28 | Cultivating Executive Presence (in-person)
- November 1-2 | Resilience in Leadership (live virtual)
- December 12-13 | Negotiation: Strategies for Results (in-person)
- December 14 | Leveraging your Strengths (in-person)
Please note that you must complete all sessions to receive credit for this program. In-person sessions meet at 1776 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Washington, DC 20036. There is no option to join in-person sessions virtually.
- Content geared toward challenges faced by women
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to the WashU at Brookings community
- Career-long alumni network of female government leaders
Note: You can apply your eight units earned through participation in this course to the 15 units required to earn WashU at Brookings’s Certificate in Public Leadership. For more information or to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The value of the Women’s Leadership Program exceeds its curriculum. Yes, I gained valuable tools and techniques. But I also acquired a professional network of amazing, accomplished women.” -Women’s Leadership Program participant