Earn a widely recognized credential that distinguishes you as a public leader.
Brookings Executive Education’s Certificate in Public Leadership (CPL) strengthens your ability to lead change in a complex, uncertain world. It also provides a network of professionals from across government who share your commitment to public service and offer a wealth of knowledge and resources.
The CPL program has been redesigned to better fit your needs and give you greater choice in your course selection. You select from Brookings Executive Education’s wide variety of leadership and policy offerings.
Twenty class days of credit are required to complete your certificate. You do not have to take courses in a specific order or finish the program within a certain time frame. Class credit also is conferred for any Brookings Executive Education course taught at your agency.
- Open to all U.S. federal, state and local government employees
- 20 total class days
- Leading with Integrity: Ethics in Action class
- A minimum of five leadership courses
- Active class participation
- Three- to five-page paper documenting the impact of certificate courses
- Certificate from a highly regarded institution
- Deeper, broader leadership skills
- Connections with leaders from across government
- No deadline for program completion
- Interactions with Olin Business School faculty, Brookings scholars and other subject-matter experts
Note: You may receive credit for Brookings Executive Education courses you attended within a two-year period prior to enrollment in the CPL program. You also may apply five days of class credit from policy courses taken for the CPL program.
Contact email@example.com or call 800-925-5730.
“Course topics were right up my alley, particularly the subject matter and tools focused on leadership, ethics and innovation. My Brookings experience was exactly what I needed.” – Certificate in Public Leadership recipient