Pursue a distinctive credential that advances and recognizes the leadership capabilities of government managers and executives. Brookings Executive Education’s (BEE) Certificate in Public Leadership (CPL) allows you to deepen and broaden your skill set while enhancing your résumé. Throughout your studies, you will gain the skills and mindset you need to lead in today’s challenging environment. In addition to developing the capacity for Leading Thinking, you will gain a network of colleagues and contacts that span across and beyond the federal government.
How You Benefit:
- Deepen and broaden your leadership skills and thinking
- Receive a unique credential from a world-renowned organization
- Find course content matched to a range of career levels, goals, and skill sets
- Study as time and resources allow, thanks to a flexible time frame
- Interact with Olin Business School experts, Brookings scholars, policy analysts, authors, and other thought leaders
- Enjoy invitations to special seminars and functions at Brookings Executive Education=
Certificate in Public Leadership Requirements:
Leading with Integrity: Ethics in Action – 3 days
Choice of one of the courses below:
- Executive Leadership for America (for GS-15 and Senior Executive Service candidates) – 5 days
- Daring to Lead (for GS13–15) – 5 days
- Problem Solving Through Critical Thinking (all GS Levels) – 2 days
Elective courses (choose any 3–6 BEE courses) 12 days
TOTAL: 20 course days
There is no time limit or mandatory sequence for completing the 20 days of classroom learning. Participants are encouraged to enroll in the courses that match development plans or interests.
The CPL requires active participation in the classroom along with a three- to five-page essay describing how you translated classroom content into practice, and your personal assessment of its impact. This provides a useful reflection to assess and document a course’s return on investment to both you and your organization.
You must register to participate in the CPL program. Registration is free. You may receive credit for courses attended within a two-year period prior to enrollment.
Register at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-925-5730