Earn a widely recognized credential that distinguishes you as a public leader.
WashU at Brookings’s Certificate in Public Leadership (CPL) strengthens your ability to lead change in a complex, uncertain world. It also provides a network of professionals from across government who share your commitment to public service and offer a wealth of knowledge and resources.
Fifteen class units of credit are required to complete your certificate. You do not have to take courses in a specific order or finish the program within a certain time frame. Class credit also is conferred for any WashU at Brookings course taught at your agency.
- Open to all U.S. federal, state and local government employees
- 15 total class units
- Ethics in Action: Leading with Integrity class
- A minimum of 10 leadership units
- Active class participation
- Certificate from a highly regarded institution
- Deeper, broader leadership skills
- Connections with leaders from across government
- No deadline for program completion
- Interactions with Olin Business School faculty, Brookings scholars and other subject-matter experts
Note: You must be enrolled in the CPL to receive course credit for the certificate. You also may apply up to 5 units of class credit from policy courses taken for the CPL program. There is no application or fee to enroll.
Contact email@example.com or call 800-925-5730.
“Course topics were right up my alley, particularly the subject matter and tools focused on leadership, ethics and innovation. My Brookings experience was exactly what I needed.” – Certificate in Public Leadership recipient