The U.S. Congress has passed a $2 trillion economic support package in response to coronavirus. To analyze what’s in the measure, a group of scholars from the Economic Studies program at Brookings linked up in a conference call. This episode is a replay of that conversation, which was moderated by Senior Fellow David Wessel, director of the Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary policy.
Featured on the episode:
- Jay Shambaugh, senior fellow and director of the Hamilton Project at Brookings
- Ryan Nunn, policy director of the Hamilton project and a fellow in Economic Studies
- Nellie Liang, the Miriam K. Carliner Senior Fellow in Economic Studies and who is affiliated with the Hutchins Center
- Joshua Gotbaum, a guest scholar in Economic Studies and served as director of the U.S. Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. and as Assistant Secretary of Treasury for Economic Policy
- Louise Sheiner, the Robert S. Kerr Senior Fellow in Economic Studies and policy director of the Hutchins Center.
The Brookings Cafeteria is part of the Brookings Podcast Network.