To celebrate the closing of the year, today’s show features our favorite clips from past 12 months. We hope you enjoy it and perhaps take the opportunity to download full episodes that interest you, share the show with friends, and rate the podcast on Apple Podcasts.
Links from the show:
Ted Gayer, The top economic issues in 2018
Madiha Afzal, Overcoming extremism in Pakistan
Bill Frey, The millennial generation is a bridge to America’s diverse future
John Hudak, Fixing America’s broken marijuana policies
Dany Bahar, Is anyone addressing Venezuela’s refugee crises?
Camille Busette, Giving minority men a chance to succeed
Darrell West, How artificial intelligence will change the future of work
Isabel Sawhill, Forgotten Americans in the 2018 midterm elections
Marvin Kalb, Trump’s war on the press
Amy Liu, A big election year for states in the 2018 midterms
Robert Kagan and E.J. Dionne Jr., America’s role in protecting the global order
Vanessa Williamson, Understanding When Black Lives Matters Protests Occur
Alina Polyakova, Will Russia hack the 2018 midterms?
Thanks to all of those who made 2018 another great year for the show:
- Gaston Reboredo, audio engineer
- Chris McKenna, producer
- Brennan Hoban, producer, and producer the 5 on 45 podcast
- Bill Finan, director of the Brookings Press and interviewer with the authors of Brookings Press books
- Adrianna Pita, the host of the Intersections podcast and guest host of some episodes
- Amanda Waldron, Ashley Wood Schelling, and Ashley Fox, social media and promotions team
- Lea Kayali, Sarah Miner, Megan Drake, Emma Russel, Churon Bernier, Tim Madden,and Steven Lee, our interns this year
- Mark Hoelscher and Ian McAllister, who produced a few shows and assisted with audio production in others
- Jessica Pavone, Eric Abalahin, and Rebecca Viser, design and web support
- Camilo Ramirez, director of events and strategic partnerships
- David Nassar, COMM VP for the first half of the year
- Emily Horne, COMM VP since July.
The Brookings Cafeteria is part of the Brookings Podcast Network.