On January 21 and 22, 2014, the Engelberg Center for Healthcare Reform at the Brookings Institution hosted the kickoff meeting, “PCORnet: Building Evidence through Innovation and Collaboration.” This event launched the development of the nation’s most ambitious and promising clinical research network aimed at delivering high quality care through patient-centered outcomes research. This was the first opportunity for PCORnet Partners to meet and begin exchanging ideas, strategies and best practices for scaling up effectiveness research focusing on interventional trials and observational studies.
Meeting sessions covered the following topics:
- Introducing PCORnet, Coordinating Center and Task Forces
- Reviewing network governance, deliverables and metrics for success
- Identifying core network research capacities
- Overcoming barriers to exchanging electronic clinical data
- Improving patient engagement and enrollment in clinical trials
- Building a sustainable model for collaborative patient-centered outcomes research