A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Sources of real wage stagnation. Barry Bosworth describes three primary determinants of “uncommonly small games in workers’ real (adjusted for inflation) wages over the past decade.
- Obama’s response to North Korea’s Sony hack. Jonathan Pollack assesses President Obama’s statement about North Korea’s cyberattack on Sony Pictures.
- Two fallacies for non-cognitive factors. Richard Reeves and Joanna Venator say that “we need to be on our guard” about using both the “jingle” and the “jangle” fallacies when examining non-cognitive factors and social mobility.
- FDI in clean energy. Devashree Saha argues that a potential source of much-needed investment in the U.S. clean energy sector is foreign direct investment.
- The Nixon Sightings (part V). Stephen Hess recalls a key moment in his time working with Richard M. Nixon. In this story: the Goodbye, 1972.