Support for the Brookings India Health Monitor was generously provided by HCL Foundation. Brookings India recognises that the value it provides is in its absolute commitment to quality, independence, and impact. Activities supported by its donors reflect this commitment and the analysis and recommendations found in this report are solely determined by the scholar(s).
The Brookings India Health Monitor has so far been cited by more than 300 national and international media, including: Reuters UK, Lancet News, Guardian, Scroll.in, Swarajya, Hindustan Times ePaper (New Delhi), HT Syndication, Business Standard, HT Syndication, Dailyhunt, Hindustan Times, IndiaToday.in, News Summed up, MoneyControl, Financial Times, Yahoo News, Daily Star, NBC News, Saudi Gazette, Reuters, Today Online, New Straits Times, Global News, Daily News, Japan Times, US News, Street Insider, Times of Oman, Reuters Canada, Metro US, Reuters Africa.
Other Healthcare papers:
- “Restructuring the Medical Council of India“, by Ravi, Shamika (with D. Gupta and J. Williams). Brookings India IMPACT Series, August 2017.
- Missing female patients: An analysis of gender ratios from a tertiary care hospital in New Delhi, India, by Ravi, Shamika (with M. Kapoor, D. Agarwal, R. Guleria, and A. Roy). Working Paper, July 2017
- “Health and Morbidity in India: 2004 – 2014” by Ravi, Shamika (with R. Ahluwalia and S. Bergkvist). Brookings India Report, December 2016.
- “Nutrition in India: Targeting the First 1,000 Days of a Child’s Life” by Ravi, Shamika (with R. Singh). Brookings India Report, October 2016.
- “Priorities for India’s National Health Policy” by Ravi, Shamika (with R. Ahluwalia). Brookings India IMPACT Series, August 2016.
- “A Reality Check on Suicides in India” by Ravi, Shamika. Brookings India IMPACT Series, June 2015
- Is the National Health Protection Scheme good public policy?
- ‘Insurance should not be the only financing model for public healthcare in India’
- How Aadhaar can help shape India’s health policy
- The need for reforms in healthcare finance
- Who knew healthcare was so complex
- What Uttar Pradesh tells us about health infrastructure
- Restructuring the Medical Council of India to eliminate corruption
- How Health Reforms Can Save Indian Farmers
- Priorities for India’s health policy
- Progress in global health: Obstacles, innovations and India in focus
- Farmer suicides is not just issue of debt
- India’s Suicide Problem
- Band-aid solutions for health problems
- Think Beyond Health Insurance