The Black Progress Index is part of a growing catalogue of tools and resources that will empower communities with data and information. The partnership draws on Brookings’s and NAACP’s renewed commitment to improve the lives of Black-majority cities and the people who inhabit them.
The Black Progress Index, the primary research product through Brookings’s and NAACP’s partnership, is an analysis of the counties and metro areas where Black people are thriving most, as measured through their life expectancy, and is intended to support understanding the well-being of Black people and the conditions that surround their lives. The Index focuses on life expectancy and the “social determinants of health”—such as homeownership rate, education attainment, business ownership rate, and air pollution—to help provide insight into the local civic actions that can improve life expectancy outcomes.
- The future of student debt cancellation is in Black people’s hands – TheGrio
- Stop Saying Student Debt Relief Is for the Rich – Bloomberg
- Ford Motor Co. Needs to Take a Stand at Tennessee Blue Oval City – Bloomberg
- Impunity is a kill switch for racial progress – The Emancipator (bostonglobe.com)
- It’s not too late for Biden to become an antiracist president – The Emancipator (bostonglobe.com)