In this episode of “Reimagine Rural,” Tony Pipa speaks with key officials from the executive branch serving rural America. They discuss the current state of rural policy, its origins, and a blueprint for the future. We also hear from past and future guests about their needs and their recommendations for the federal government.
Participants in this episode:
- Alejandra Castillo, Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Betsy Kramer, Revitalization Coordinator, SEDA-COG
- Mitch Landrieu, Special Advisor to the President, White House Coordinator for the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Ines Polonius, CEO, Communities Unlimited
- Xochitl Torres Small, Undersecretary for Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Kathy Wheeler, Executive Director, SEDA-COG