In this episode of “Reimagine Rural,” Tony Pipa speaks with key officials from the executive branch serving rural America. They discuss the current state of rural policy, its origins, and a blueprint for the future. We also hear from past and future guests about their needs and their recommendations for the federal government.
Get more research about rural policy here.
Participants in this episode:
- Alejandra Castillo, Assistant Secretary for Economic Development, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Betsy Kramer, Revitalization Coordinator, SEDA-COG
- Mitch Landrieu, Special Advisor to the President, White House Coordinator for the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law
- Ines Polonius, CEO, Communities Unlimited
- Xochitl Torres Small, Undersecretary for Rural Development, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Kathy Wheeler, Executive Director, SEDA-COG
- Listen to Reimagine Rural on Apple, Spotify, or wherever you like to get podcasts.
- Learn about other Brookings podcasts from the Brookings Podcast Network.
- Sign up for the podcasts newsletter for occasional updates on featured episodes and new shows.
- Send feedback email to podcasts@Brookings.edu.