Aia Sarycheva is a Nonresident Senior Fellow at Brookings Metro. She is an investment professional with expertise in venture capital markets and early stage technology investing, focusing on the intersection of innovation, finance, policy, and economic development.
Prior to joining Bessemer, Aia was an investor at Revolution’s Rise of the Rest Seed Fund, where she invested in U.S.-based companies located in undercapitalized regions, backing high-growth technologies that brought innovation to legacy industries. Prior to joining Revolution, Aia was an investment banker at Goldman Sachs.
Aia is an MBA candidate at Harvard Business School and received her B.A. in ethics, politics, and economics from Yale University. Aia is a nonresident senior fellow at The Brookings Institution, where she writes about the role of technology, finance, and public policy in bolstering U.S. innovation and catalyzing place-based economic development. She is also on the Board of Advisors of Chess-in-the-Schools, a nonprofit providing chess education to children in New York City public schools.
- Investor at Bessemer Venture Partners
- Investor at Revolution, Rise of the Rest Seed Fund
- Analyst in Investment Banking Division, Public Sector and Infrastructure Banking at Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC
- Candidate for Master in Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Bachelor of Arts in Ethics, Politics, and Economics, Yale University