On December 15, the Engelberg Center convened an expert workshop to discuss expedited drug development for promising therapies.
This workshop brought together a diverse set of stakeholders who discussed the following issues:
- Existing tools for facilitating expedited market access;
- Opportunities for improving and expanding upon these tools;
- Therapeutic areas most in need of an expedited development pathway and how promising therapies can be defined;
- Methodological approaches to enable a compressed drug development timeline; and
- Potential evidence gaps that may result in the post-market environment for products approved through an expedited pathway.
Chairperson and Founder - Friends of Cancer Research
American College of Cardiology
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
Professor and Chair, Department of Population Medicine - Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Institute