In an on-going series of press briefings on America’s campaign against terrorism, Brookings scholars will
- Does the fall of Kabul spell the end of the Taliban regime?
- What is the U.S. military strategy for unseating the Taliban in their southern stronghold of Kandahar?
- Will Pakistan reconsider its support for the United States now that Northern Alliance troops have entered Kabul? Pakistan has been critical of the Northern Alliance in the past.
- What does the Northern Alliance’s surprisingly swift capture of most of Northern Afghanistan mean for the effort to construct a post-Taliban government?
- What is the reaction in the Arab world to events in Afghanistan and what are the prospects for a new U.S. initiative for the Mideast peace process?
Brookings experts will make brief presentations and answer questions.