Share knowledge and experiences with high-performing women from a diverse group of government agencies.
In WashU at Brookings’s Women’s Leadership Program, you learn how to lead change from positions of formal and informal authority. You acquire skills to negotiate successfully in any workplace situation. You enhance your ability to communicate with authenticity and impact. And you form close bonds with fellow participants — creating an extraordinary community of female colleagues. There is no GS-level requirement to participate in this program.
Based on feedback from network alumnae, WashU at Brookings has restructured the program format.
New for the 2019-2020 Season: Two Cohorts
2019-2020 Cohort I Program Dates
- Resonant Leadership: Oct. 15-17, 2019
- Negotiating for Success: Dec. 9-10, 2019
- Thriving Through Change: Jan. 28-29, 2020
- Executive Presence: Feb. 25, 2020
2020 Cohort II Program Dates
- Resonant Leadership: Mar. 16-18, 2020
- Negotiating for Success: Apr. 7-8, 2020
- Thriving Through Change: May 11-12, 2020
- Executive Presence: Jun. 17, 2020
- Cohort I: September 15, 2019
- Cohort II: February 15, 2020*
*Cohort II is now full. Please contact email@example.com or call 800-925-5730 to be placed on the waiting list.
Note: You can apply your eight class days to the 20 class days required to earn WashU at Brookings’s Certificate in Public Leadership. For more information or to register, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The value of the Women’s Leadership Network exceeds its curriculum. Yes, I gained valuable tools and techniques. But I also acquired a professional network of amazing, accomplished women.” -Women’s Leadership Network participant
- Content geared toward challenges faced by women
- Supportive learning environment
- Access to the WashU at Brookings community
- Career-long alumni network of female government leaders
- Learn to maximize your unique traits, skills and abilities
- Develop strategies to position yourself for promotion
- Leverage your propensity for collaboration and inclusion to achieve results
- Understand importance of self-care to excel as a leader
- Create binding relationships with peers across government to lead change
- Earn 8 days of course credit towards your Certificate in Public Leadership