A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- The federal debt, in three minutes. David Wessel explains all you need to know about the federal debt in this short video.
- Facebook’s newsfeed experiment and privacy. Cameron Kerry writes about how public policy can address concerns users have about Facebook’s recent controversial research experiment.
- CBO’s budget check-up. David Wessel comments on the Congressional Budget Office’s routine check-up of the federal deficit outlook, noting the CBO’s bottom line that it “has gotten a little better.”
- Debating the EPA’s Clean Power Plan proposal, Round 5. Philip Wallach reacts to Bob Sussman’s most recent critique of his and Alex Abdun-Nabi’s criticism of the EPA’s Clean Power Plan.
- American classlessness is overstated. Richard Reeves says while Americans overestimate the extent to which America is a “classless republic,” it remains real to some extent, yet inequalities are growing.