As Congress passes multi-trillion dollar support packages in response to the economic and physical shocks of the coronavirus pandemic, what are state and local governments doing to respond? What kinds of economic and other assistance do they need? What will be the enduring impact of this crisis on workers and certain industries?
On this episode, two Brookings experts address these and related issues. Amy Liu is vice president and director of the Metropolitan Policy Program and Mark Muro is a senior fellow and policy director of the program.
Also on this episode, Senior Fellow Sarah Binder offers three lessons on we can learn from Congress’s efforts to address the crisis and what lies ahead.
- All research from Brookings experts on coronavirus/COVID-19
- COVID-19 is hitting the nation’s largest metros the hardest, making a “restart” of the economy more difficult
- When will your city feel the fiscal impact of COVID-19?
- The robots are ready as the COVID-19 recession spreads
- Federal fiscal aid to cities and states must be massive and immediate
- Metro Monitor 2020
The Brookings Cafeteria is part of the Brookings Podcast Network.