Educating Children Worldwide: Access Plus Learning
Universal primary education by 2015 is one of the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals. While great progress has been made in expanding educational access, are children learning what they need to learn to succeed? Rebecca Winthrop, senior fellow and director of the Center for Universal Education at Brookings, talks about why access plus learning is important.
In the podcast, Winthrop also describes her collaboration with the Learning Metrics Task Force, and addresses how to measure educational outcomes, the challenge of educating children in conflict-affected areas, and the significance of Malala Yousafzai to the global education movement.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST ON ITUNES »
• Learning Metrics Task Force
• Seven Domains of Global Learning
• Global Compact on Learning
• Toward Universal Learning: Recommendations from the Learning Metrics Task Force
• International Rescue Committee