Nicole A. Elam, Esq. is President and CEO of the National Bankers Association (NBA), the premier trade association and voice for the nation’s minority depository institutions, and Executive Director of the National Bankers Association Foundation. She is the youngest CEO since the NBA’s founding in 1927.
Nicole joined NBA in May 2021 from JPMorgan Chase & Co. where she was vice president and government relations manager developing policy positions and advocacy strategies in Washington, DC. In this role, she also managed national engagement strategies and led efforts on the firm’s $30 billion commitment to advance racial equity and drive inclusive economic growth.
Nicole has spent 20 years working in public policy and public affairs. Prior to JPMorgan Chase & Co., she led the government and external affairs strategy for ITT Educational Services, Inc. and served as its primary spokesperson and lead representative with the media, policymakers, trade organizations, consumer groups, investors, and the public. Nicole also worked as a senior director at the government affairs firm Ice Miller Strategies LLC. Nicole received a Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the Howard University School of Law where she was solicitations editor of the law review, and a Bachelor of Arts degree from DePauw University.
• Co-Host: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) Banking on Inclusion Podcast
• Co-Chair: Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) Council on Advancing Women in Business
• Member: U.S. Department of the Treasury Advisory Committee on Racial Equity (TACRE)
• Member: Milken Institute Executive Circle
• Member: Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM) Advisory Committee
• Member: Office of the Comptroller of Currency (OCC) Project REACH National Working Group
• Member: White House-Led Equitable Opportunity Coalition, Social Sector Advisor
• Member: Paradigm Advisory Council
• Board of Director: MDI Keeper’s Fund
• Board of Director: The Valued Advisor Fund, LLC, a Community Development Entity
• Board of Director: KIPP Indy Public Schools; Chair, Development Committee