Brookings Executive Education’s (BEE) Certificate in Policy Strategy (CPS) provides you with the tools and analytic framework needed to effectively engage in policymaking, and a unique credential from a world-renowned public policy and research think tank.
With this course of study you will master the art of Policy Entrepreneurship®. You will learn how to analyze when windows of opportunity are likely to open, predict the parameters of change, and advise on how to prepare for and respond to these changes. Most importantly, you will learn the fine art of policymaking from some of the most renowned policy entrepreneurs in the field.
How You Benefit:
- Enhance skills and confidence to engage in policymaking
- Sharpen analytical and political skills to propel your career and benefit your organization
- Interact with analysts, authors, and thought leaders who are affecting the future of the United States
- Take courses as your time and resources allow
- Master the art and science of policy entrepreneurship
- Understand the mindset, objectives, and operations of U.S. governing institutions
“In my professional opinion, the CPS is a ‘must do’ for anyone moving into a senior position within their respective agency. The prescribed course of study provided me with the necessary baseline understanding of policies and procedures that govern the functions of the executive and legislative branches and provided me with the confidence I need to effectively participate in those processes. I can’t thank Brookings enough!”
Certificate in Policy Strategy Requirements:
- Inside Congress (4 days) or Executive Inside Congress (2 days)
- Inside the White House (2 days)
- The Insider’s Legs and Regs (3 days)
- The Insider’s Budgetary Process (2 days)
- Politics and Policymaking (2 days)
- Global Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: U.S. Perspective (2 days)
Elective Courses (choice of two):
- Regional Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: The Middle East (2 days)
- Regional Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: The Americas (2 days)
- Regional Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: Africa (2 days)
- Regional Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: East and South Asia (2 days)
- Regional Challenges, Threats, and Opportunities: Europe (2 days)
TOTAL: 16-18 days
Those who have or are pursuing a Certificate in Public Leadership can apply five days of course credits toward the CPS. Other exemptions may apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
You must register to earn the CPS. Registration is free. You may receive credit for courses attended within a two-year period prior to enrollment.
Register at email@example.com or 800-925-5730.