Certificate in Policy Strategy
Changes in government laws, rules and regulations affect domestic (and international) organizations — as well as the lives of the American people. Understanding policymaking and implementation, then, is an advantage for professionals like you.
WashU at Brookings’s Certificate in Policy Strategy (CPS) provides insider knowledge that helps you engage more effectively in government decision-making, predict likely policy outcomes, and leverage windows of national and international opportunity.
- Open to experienced professionals from government agencies, businesses and nonprofit organizations
- Seven required courses: Inside Congress, Inside the White House, Insider’s Legislative and Regulatory Process, Insider’s Budget Process, Politics and Policymaking, Inside the Judiciary and U.S. National Security Strategy
- A two-unit elective of your choice (can be either policy-based or leadership-based)
- Credential from a highly regarded institution
- Classes taught by some of the most-respected experts in the field
- Policy-entrepreneurship expertise
- Enhanced policymaking capabilities and confidence to engage in policy deliberations
- Sharper analytical and political skills
- Interactions with Brookings scholars and other U.S. policy analysts, authors and practitioners
- In-depth working knowledge of U.S. government institutions
Note: You must be enrolled in the CPS to receive course credit for the certificate. You may receive credit for WashU at Brookings courses you attended prior to enrollment in the CPS program. You are responsible for completing the certificate requirements as they were published at the time you enrolled for your certificate. You also may apply 5 units of class credit from policy courses taken for the Certificate in Public Leadership program. There is no application or fee to enroll.
To enroll, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-925-5730.
“I learned about legislative sausage making, bill markup — which was particularly eye-opening — and budget cycles. Brookings was definitely the right fit for me as a military diplomat.” – LEGIS Fellow