A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- America’s growing immigrant population. Jill Wilson and Nicole Prchal Svajlenka look at recent U.S. Census Bureau data on the immigrant population and immigrants’ dispersal throughout the nation.
- Six observations from Hong Kong. Richard Bush, having just returned from a week long visit to Hong Kong, offers six observations about the continued political standoff there.
- Safaricom vs. Equity Bank. Mwangi Kimenyi explores the dispute in Kenya between banks and mobile phone companies over money transfer.
- Measuring the value of open data. Kevin Desouza and Kendra Smith review the pros and cons, the benefits and the costs, of open data programs for public institutions.
- Retirement income security. Joshua Gotbaum explores the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) 40 years after its inception and offers ideas for ERISA reform.
- Key issues in the Alaska Senate race. Writing for the FixGov series on the 2014 midterms, University of Alaska Fairbanks Professor Emeritus Jerry McBeath presents five issues in the Senate race between incumbent Senator Mark Begich (D) and challenger Dan Sullivan (R).
David G. Victor speaks on Geoengineering at CERAWeek 2019 in Houston, Texas.