A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Tracking global economic recovery. In the latest Brookings-Financial Times TIGER index, Eswar Prasad, Karim Foda, and Arnav Sahu report that the global economic recovery remains uneven and wobbly, but finally appears to have built up some staying power.
- A new female four-star general. The Senate confirmed U.S. Air Force General Lori Robinson as commander of all American air forces in the Pacific theater, becoming the fourth woman to ever hold the highest rank in the U.S. military. Miriam Krieger and Michael O’Hanlon praise her accomplishments, but write that more needs to be done to help women succeed in the military.
- Are relations between the U.S. and Latin America shifting? Andres Rozental evaluates whether the U.S. government’s views are becoming irrelevant in Latin America.
- Social and development impact bonds. Experts from the Center for Universal Education describe a panel discussion at the recent UN General Assembly meeting on a new financing mechanism for early childhood development.
- Stopping the Internet from breaking apart. Josh Bleiberg and Darrell West analyze ways to keep the Internet from “Balkanizing” by ensuring that data will continue to flow freely across borders.
Charmaine Crutchfield contributed to this post.
David G. Victor speaks on Geoengineering at CERAWeek 2019 in Houston, Texas.
David G. Victor speaks on Nature-based climate and energy solutions at CERAWeek 2019.