A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Mortality and retirement benefits. Barry Bosworth and Kathleen Burke find a positive impact of differential mortality on altering the distribution of lifetime benefits in favor of higher income individuals.
- GOP and social mobility. Isabel Sawhill suggests five steps that Republicans should take on mobility.
- Counterterrorism policy. Benjamin Wittes testifies to a House committee, grading the Obama administration’s counterterrorism policy.
- China’s economy. Douglas Elliott argues that China is capable of managing its economic problems without the serious risks that some suggest.
- Currency tensions in Asia. Eswar Prasad explains the challenges Asian countries face and the consequences of their fiscal policies.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.