A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Preventing a nuclear-armed Iran. Robert Einhorn spells out the requirements for a comprehensive nuclear agreement with Iran.
- Medicare “Doc Fix”. Kavita Patel and Jeffrey Nadel react to the latest attempt in Congress to patch the broken Medicare Sustainable Growth Rate.
- Preventing/reducing childhood obesity. Darshak Sanghavi and Nawara Alawa write about the role of health insurance plans in reducing and preventing childhood obesity.
- Population decline in small-town America. William Frey examines new U.S. population estimates that show population declines in smaller areas.
- Three plausible Afghan presidents. Michael O’Hanlon and Ronald Neumann, a former U.S. ambassador to Afghanistan, consider the leading contenders to be Afghanistan’s next president. (O’Hanlon and Neumann participated in a panel discussion today on the same subject.)