A roundup of some of the content published on brookings.edu today.
- Does pre-K work? Russ Whitehurst argues that we all just need to be more picky about the research on pre-K.
- The Taliban + Pakistan = The Dark Ages. Madiha Afzal discusses what Prime Minister Sharif must do to protect Pakistani sovereignty and prevent the Taliban from winning people over.
- What’s next for Ukraine? Steven Pifer takes us on a tour of the biggest stumbling blocks ahead.
- Understanding President Obama’s new budget. David Wessel provides an expert guide on how to read the president’s forthcoming budget. Pro tip: Go directly to the tables.
- How much Army is enough? Michael O’Hanlon examines the question and appropriate answer.
- Public pension reform. In two papers, scholars address what can be done about the rampant underfunding of public pension systems.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.