A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- 2014 midterms post-election special podcast. Tom Mann, Sarah Binder, and Bill Galston give their views and analysis on the outcome of the 2014 midterm elections.
- What the election results mean for health care. In the wake of the midterm elections, Kavita Patel examines the prospects for dismantling the Affordable Care Act, expanding Medicaid, and improving our health care system.
- It’s never too early to start thinking about the next presidential race. Elaine Kamarck writes that “stars are born and stars burn out” during midterm elections, and she names names.
- Marijuana legalization. Philip Wallach and John Hudak review the fate of marijuana legalization measures across the country and offer four takeaways.
- Climate change action at the sub-national level. Devashree Saha says that sub-national efforts to respond to climate change build a “blueprint for large-scale action,” but cannot provide the comprehensive solution needed.
- Prospects for tax reform in the new Congress. Bill Gale looks at the possibility of and options for tax reform in the next Congress, but says it “will be a tough slog.”
- Should rock bands use drones? Josh Bleiberg looks at OK Go’s latest music video, filmed in Japan and which employs an aerial drone camera that may have been illegal under FAA rules.