Arvind Subramanian, senior fellow at Brown University’s Watson Institute and Center for Contemporary South Asia, and former chief economic advisor to the Government of India, talks with host David Dollar about a range of trade and foreign relations issues India faces. In particular, he explains why globalization is shifting in India’s favor rather than China’s, how India views trade relations with China, Russia, and the West, and prospects for continued good relations with the United States, especially as India takes a more neutral stance on Russia’s war against Ukraine.
Are China and India Likely to Miss the Convergence? featuring Arvind Subramanian and Josh Felman (video)
Senior Fellow in International and Public Affairs - Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs, Brown University
- Listen to Dollar & Sense on Apple, Spotify, Google, or wherever you like to get podcasts.
- Learn about other Brookings podcasts from the Brookings Podcast Network.
- Follow us on Twitter @policypodcasts.
- Sign up for the podcasts newsletter for occasional updates on featured episodes and new shows.
- Send feedback email to podcasts@Brookings.edu.