Richard Bush, director of the Center for East Asia Policy Studies and holder of the Chen-Fu and Cecilia Yen Koo Chair in Taiwan Studies and also the Michael H. Armacost Chair, talks about Hong Kong’s relationship to China, the umbrella movement of 2014, and the future of democracy in Hong Kong.
- The return of the Taiwan issue to U.S.-China relations
- Why Hong Kong’s next election really matters
- Hong Kong: The next round on universal suffrage
- What’s at stake at the U.S.- China Strategic and Economic Dialogue?
- Hong Kong government announces electoral reform details
- What does China having the largest GDP mean?
- America’s Political Dynasties
The Chinese leadership has promised for years that reform was around the bend and then you see things like President Xi’s speech where he emphasized the central role of the party... Members of the business community see the Trump administration as an opportunity for the U.S. to rattle the cage in Beijing.