In France’s recent parliamentary elections, President Emmanuel Macron’s centrist party lost its National Assembly majority, while a leftist alliance of parties and Marine Le Pen’s far-right party made significant gains. Célia Belin, interim director of the Center on the United States and Europe at Brookings, discusses how these results happened after Macron’s victory in the presidential contest, what they mean for governance in France, and how they may impact President Macron’s pursuit of a multilateralist foreign policy.
- Listen to Dollar & Sense on Apple, Spotify, Google, or wherever you like to get podcasts.
- Learn about other Brookings podcasts from the Brookings Podcast Network.
- Follow us on Twitter @policypodcasts.
- Sign up for the podcasts newsletter for occasional updates on featured episodes and new shows.
- Send feedback email to podcasts@Brookings.edu.