Evans J.R. Revere is senior advisor with the Albright Stonebridge Group. From 2007-2010, Revere served as president and CEO of The Korea Society.
Fluent in Chinese, Korean and Japanese, Revere retired from the Foreign Service in 2007 after a distinguished career as one of the U.S. Department of State’s top Asia experts. He won numerous awards during his career, which included service as the principal deputy assistant secretary and acting assistant secretary of state for East Asian and Pacific Affairs, and deputy chief of mission and charge d’affaires of the U.S. Embassy in Seoul. Revere has extensive experience in negotiations with North Korea.
Revere graduated with honors from Princeton University with a degree in East Asian Studies. He is a veteran of the U.S. Air Force and a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.
Areas of Expertise
- International affairs
- East Asia
- Negotiations with North Korea
- Senior Director, Albright Stonebridge Group
- Diplomat-in-Residence and Lecturer in International Affairs, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Princeton University
- President/CEO, The Korea Society (2007-2010)
- Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary, East Asian and Pacific Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Acting Assistant Secretary of State, East Asian and Pacific Affairs, U.S. Department of State
- Deputy Chief of Mission and Charge d'Affaires, U.S. Embassy in Seoul
- U.S. Air Force
- A.B. in East Asian Studies, Princeton University (1976)