On Monday May 5th, the Brookings Institution Center on Urban and Metropolitan Policy released a report about the responses from a survey of mayors on TANF reauthorization and working family policy. The Center conducted the survey with the National League of Cities and the U.S. Conference of Mayors. Visit this website for copies of the report, Windows Media coverage, and a transcript from the event.
The survey was released at a public forum moderated by Brookings Senior Fellow E.J. Dionne, with remarks by the following elected officials:
- Mayor Karen Anderson of Minnetonka, MN
- Mayor Edward Garza of San Antonio, TX
- Mayor Thomas Menino of Boston, MA
- Mayor Anthony Williams of Washington, D.C.
- Senator John Breaux of Louisiana