- Are public schools making progress towards reform?
- Do choice schools improve student test scores?
- Are charter schools demographically diverse?
- Do vouchers for religious schools violate the First Amendment?
- Do states burden charter schools with excessive legislation?
Learning From School Choice seeks to bring about an understanding of the importance of choice to school reform, with particular attention given to central cities. Peterson and Hassel call not for wholesale, overnight transformation of American education, but for pragmatic experimentation that can provide a rational, informed basis for future school reforms guided by competitive and communitarian principles.