For almost thirty years, Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (BPEA) has provided academic and business economists, government officials, and members of the financial and business communitites with timely research of current economic issues.
To subscribe to BPEA click here
BPEA 1: 2002
- Puzzles About the American Economy in the Current Recession and Recovery
William Nordhaus (Yale)
- Intangible Assets: How the Interaction of Computers and Organizational Structure Affects Stock Market Valuations
Erik Brynjolfsson (MIT), Loren Hitt (MIT), and Shinkyu Yang (NYU)
- Current Unemployment, Historically Contemplated
Chinhui Juhn (University of Houston), Kevin Murphy (USC), and Robert Topel (University of Chicago)
- Catching Up with the Leaders: The Irish Hare
Patrick Honohan (World Bank) and Brendan Walsh (University College Dublin)
- First World Governments and Third World Debt: A Bankruptcy Court for Sovereign Lending?
Jeremy Bulow (Stanford)
- Resolving the Debt Crisis of Low-Income Countries
Jeffrey Sachs (Harvard)
- Sovereigns in Distress: Do They Need Bankruptcy?
Michelle White (University of Michigan)