The Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy was launched 10 months ago. Its mission is to improve the quality of fiscal and monetary policy and public understanding of it. We’ve hosted some of the biggest names in fiscal and monetary policy in the past year. One can learn a lot from studying the transcripts and watching the full videos posted at www.brookings.edu/hutchinscenter.
But for those who’d like a taste of what we’ve been up to, we’ve made a six-minute highlights reel featuring:
- Berkeley’s Christina Romer on what will guarantee Federal Reserve independence.
- Brookings’s Ben Bernanke, the former Fed chairman, on whether he had sleepless nights.
- The Fed’s Jay Powell on Treasury Secretary Larry Summers’ proposal for more Fed-Treasury cooperation.
- Bernanke’s reply to India’s Raghuram Rajan’s complaints about quantitative easing.
- The ECB’s Mario Draghi’s reply to Martin Wolf’s questions about Germany.
And we’ve got more coming later this year and next.