As a continuation of the report, Millions Learning: Scaling up quality education in developing countries, which tells the story of where and how effective learning interventions have scaled up around the world, the Millions Learning case studies provide an in-depth look at 12 of the programs and policies explored in the report.
These case studies focus on a range of topics—from teacher development to financial literacy to early grade reading to technological innovation—each unpacking the factors behind their expansion and increased scope of impact.
In each case study, you will find the following:
- An at a glance overview of the program or policy;
- Background on the intervention’s inception, organizational model, and scaling story;
- Evidence of the case study’s impact on improving learning outcomes;
- A timeline of the case study’s key scaling events;
- An analysis of the case study’s scaling experiences, including the key drivers that have contributed to, or in some instances impeded, the process; and
- A synthesis of the case study’s lessons learned.
Rich with detail, these case studies offer valuable insight to help current and future education interventions expand access and improve education quality for children and youth around the world.