A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Privacy and cybersecurity. Cameron Kerry reflects on his part in the ongoing Obama administration’s efforts on the digital economy and the ecology of the Internet.
- National freight investment. Adie Tomer and Joseph Kane argue that it’s time for a national freight investment program.
- Greece’s debt agreement. Carlo Bastasin says the “real doubt” about the deal reached with the European Union on Greece’s debt “is whether the compromise is politically compatible with the Greek rhetoric about its democratic sovereignty.”
- Morocco’s success story. Hafez Ghanem profiles Morocco’s political and economic successes over the past few years, but says more needs to be done in key areas, including rural living standards and agricultural production.
- Advanced industries do create jobs. Mark Muro and Siddharth Kulkarni argue that “there will be no future prosperity nationally or regionally without the innovations, productivity, and output generated by the sector.”