A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Evidence-based policymaking. Elaine Kamarck takes a look at the evidence-based policymaking agenda in President Obama’s new federal budget.
- The mobile revolution. Josh Bleiberg talks with Darrell West about his new book, Going Mobile: How Wireless Technology Is Reshaping Our Lives.
- Wealth inequality. Richard Reeves addresses some questions about the nature of the growth of wealth inequality.
- School accountability. Mark Dynarski examines how to improve accountability under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Russia’s reaction to arming Ukraine. Steven Pifer and Strobe Talbott respond to Jeremy Shapiro’s dissent of their proposal for the U.S. and/or NATO to provide military aid to Ukraine.
- Don’t squander Afghanistan gains. Michael O’Hanlon comments on the gains made in Afghanistan and argues for sustaining financial help to the Afghan state.
- Reforming Medicare physician payment. Mark McClellan and Kate Samuels comment on a recent event focused on fixing the Sustainable Growth Rate.
- Hutchins Roundup. The regular roundup of fiscal and monetary policy news from the Hutchins Center.