A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- State of the Union. Get all of our latest SOTU analysis and commentary here.
- States and cloud computing. Kevin Desouza and Gregory Dawson review how state governments are approaching cloud computing.
- Big questions for the global economy. David Wessel looks at the IMF’s latest forecast for economic growth around the world.
- Statewide education testing. Matthew Chingos and Martin West examine what the impact of moving to less frequent testing would be on quality and accountability reporting.
- Mongolia’s mediator role? David Caprara, Katharine Moon, and Paul Park discuss Mongolia’s potential role as mediator between the two Koreas and as proponent of peace in northeast Asia.
- Why infrastructure matters. Rob Puentes says that “Concrete, steel and fiber-optic cable are the essential building blocks of the economy.”
- Sharing cyberthreat information. Richard Bejtlich asks how Americans should think about a new White House proposal to enable more cybersecurity information sharing between private and government entities and among private entities.
Initially, it seemed Turkey was seeking a bargain with or financial support from Saudi Arabia. But it increasingly appears that Turkey is seeking to inflict maximum damage on [Mohammad bin Salman].