Brookings Today, 7/16/14
A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Concern about Iran’s policies in the Middle East. Natan Sachs testified before the House Committee on Foreign Affairs on Iran’s destabilizing role in the Middle East with a particular focus on Israel.
- World Bank lending for coal-fired power. Nigel Purvis, Abigail Jones and Cecilia Springer ask what the role of the World Bank is in retrofitting coal-fired power plants in middle-income countries.
- Sustainable development goals. Homi Kharas and John McArthur consider the large task in developing post-2015 sustainable development goals.
- Carbon-intensity standards in the EPA’s Clean Power Plan. Philip Wallach and Alex Abdun-Nabi point out the discrepancies in state carbon-intensity standards contained in the EPA’s Clean Power Plan.
- Understanding the Fed’s new job market index. David Wessel addresses the considerations behind the Fed’s new job market index.
- Evolving information and communications technology. Joshua Bleiberg and Darrell West illustrate the rapidly transforming world of information and communications technology.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.