A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Save at tax time. Michal Grinstein-Weiss says tax refunds are a great opportunity to “save money and build financial security.”
- Emerging entrepreneurs in Cuba. Richard Feinberg finds the business climate in Cuba has improved over the last year.
- Energy’s geopolitical and security consequences. Bruce Jones, David Steven and Emily O’Brien examine the impacts of the major transformation in international energy markets.
- The future of economic progress. Kemal Derviş discusses how new technology, income distribution, employment, climate change and natural resources influence future economic growth.
- Tax policies for working families. Jane Williams and Elizabeth Kneebone provide new interactive data on EITC filers.
Mingwei Ma contributed to this post.
Homi Kharas delivered the keynote address at IFPRI’s annual staff retreat on September 12, 2018. He explored the evolving development agenda and its implications for policy research.