A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Boko Haram. Jideofor Adibe takes a closer look at Boko Haram, the terrorist group that claimed responsibility for kidnapping hundreds of Nigerian school girls.
- Rise of Brazil / Latin America. Harold Trinkunas explains what you need to know about the rise of Brazil and Latin America more generally.
- Infrastructure jobs. Joseph Kane and Robert Puentes present data and findings on the extent of infrastructure employment in the United States.
- Europe’s political transcendence. Kemal Derviş writes of the elections to the European Parliament this month, “a small but significant step in the emergence of the first transnational political space in European—indeed, world—history.”
- Afghanistan’s displaced people. Khalid Koser argues that Afghanistan’s political transition will be just as important for stability as the withdrawal of international military forces.