A roundup of some of the content published on brookings-edu-2023.go-vip.net today.
- Cities lead economic-equality revolution. Bruce Katz explains why cities and metro areas are leading the way to address poverty and inequality.
- Syrian civil war and the Middle East’s borders. Itamar Rabinovich reflects on the Syrian civil war and regional stability.
- Obama needs to do more. E.J. Dionne, Jr. writes of the importance of making government work better, which he says should be a top priority for President Obama during his remaining time in office.
- The 2008 Federal Reserve transcripts. Sarah Binder puts the FOMC transcripts from 2008 into the context of the Fed as a political institution trying to grapple with global financial meltdown.
- New student financial aid systems. Susan Dynarski predicts that Oregon’s and Michigan’s “Pay It Forward” student lending systems would collapse as currently proposed.
- More effective ways to spend financial aid dollars? Isabel Sawhill asks some fundamental questions about federal financial aid for college and its purposes.
- Nigeria sacked its central bank governor. Amadou Sy tells us why it matters and how much it will cost the country.