Brookings India hosted a private roundtable luncheon with Ambassador Navtej Singh Sarna (Secretary, West) on ‘India and Africa: Forging a Strategic Partnership’, moderated by Brookings Distinguished Fellow, Shivshankar Menon (former National Security Advisor). Among those present at the discussion were senior journalists, government officials, representatives of business interests and foreign diplomats.
This discussion was part of a regular luncheon private roundtable series on foreign policy every month that was moderated by Shivshankar Menon. Titled “India in the World” the roundtable series featured prominent keynote speakers in interaction with Mr. Menon. The objective of the private roundtable discussion was to engage leading experts on issues of significance to India’s foreign policy and to provide direct policy-relevant inputs to Indian decision makers.
The guestlist included:
1. Ambassador Shivshankar Menon, Distinguised Fellow, the Brookings Institution
2. Ambassador Navtej Sarna, Secretary (West), Ministry of External Affairs
3. TN Ninan, Chairman, Business Standard
4. Indrani Bagchi, Senior Editor, Times of India
5. Pramit Pal Chaudhuri, Foreign Affairs Editor, Hindustan Times
6. Suhasini Haider, Strategic & Diplomatic Affairs Editor, The Hindu
7. Ambuj Chaturvedi, Executive Director, Overseas Infrastructure Alliance
8. Vinita Sethi, Vice President, Bharti Enterprises
9. Didar Singh, Secretary General, FICCI
10. R V Kanoria, Chariman, Intrust Global eServices
11. Nitin Shukla, MD and CEO, Hazira LNG Pvt Ltd.
12. Abdel Mutalib Al Sheikh Mohamed Ahmed, First Secretary, Embassy of the Republic of the Sudan
13. H. E. Mrs. Florence Weche, High Commissoner, Kenyan High Commission
14. H.E. Ms. Gennet Zewide, Dean of Diplomatic Corps & Ambassador, Extraordinary and plenipotentiary, Embassy of Ethiopia
15. Preeti Sinha, Senior President & Global Convenor, YES Institute
16. Narendra Taneja, National Convener, Energy Cell, BJP
17. Ambassador Jayant Prasad, DG, Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
18. Ruchita Beri, Senior Research Associate, Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses
19. Sachin Chaturvedi, DG, Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS)
20. Subir Gokarn, Director of Research, Brookings India
21. WPS Sidhu, Non-resident senior fellow, Brookings India
22. Shruti Godbole, RA, Foreign Policy, Brookings India
To subscribe or manage your subscriptions to our top event topic lists, please visit our event topics page.
[On the possibility of ongoing secret negotiations between the U.S. and North Korea] I am always wondering if my chain is being yanked. It could also mean Kim is trying to undermine Moon, who positions himself as a broker between the U.S. and North Korea. These two potential explanations are not mutually exclusive.