In conjunction with the publication of a new Brookings book, Atomic Audit: The Costs and Consequences of U.S. Nuclear Weapons Since 1940, the Brookings Institution held an important briefing on the previously unknown costs of U.S. nuclear weapons.
- How much has the United States spent on its nuclear arsenal and what is it spending today?
- How were U.S. nuclear weapons requirements determined?
- Did civilian and military leaders understand the full costs of nuclear weapons?
- What are the environmental and public health costs of nuclear weapons?
- What can India and Pakistan learn from the U.S. experience with nuclear weapons?
See also the U.S. Nuclear Weapons Cost Study Project >>