On March 22, Saudi Foreign Minister and former Ambassador to the United States H.E. Adel Al-Jubeir delivered remarks at Brookings and engaged in conversation with Bruce Jones, vice president and director of Foreign Policy at Brookings.
During the conversation and in a question-and-answer period with the audience, Al-Jubeir discussed, among other things:
- Conflict resolution and reconstruction in Iraq and Syria;
- The ongoing conflict and humanitarian crisis in Yemen;
- Iran’s regional role and the future of the nuclear deal, the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action;
- Saudi reform efforts under the Vision 2030 agenda, led by Crown Prince Muhammed bin Salman;
- the Arab-Israeli conflict and the fallout from President Trump’s decision to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem
- human rights issues, specifically women’s rights; and
- The state of U.S.-Saudi relations today under President Trump.
In the video below, watch the full event with Al-Jubeir:
The Decision Support Center, a Saudi institute established by the Kingdom’s Council of Ministers, provides philanthropic support to Brookings. Brookings is committed to independence and the views expressed at the event are solely those of the speaker.