A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Mr. Putin. A new and expanded edition of the acclaimed book by Fiona Hill and Clifford Gaddy, Mr. Putin: Operative in the Kremlin, is now available.
- The post-2015 development agenda. Homi Kharas outlines three “fundamental shifts from traditional approaches to development coordination” in global international development.
- A fourth revolution in government. Elaine Kamarck reviews a new book about the “fourth revolution” in government that may replace the recent model—the modern welfare state.
- Second earner solution. Isabel Sawhill discusses the “second earner solution” to the stagnation of middle class incomes.
- Pope Francis: Education advocate. Rebecca Winthrop reflects on her recent trip to the Vatican and the role of the Catholic Church in global education.
- Latin America’s middle class. Michael Penfold and Harold Trinkunas examine key issues with respect to the rise of the middle class in Latin America.
- Smart gentrification. Jonathan Grabinsky and Stuart Butler argue that concentrated poverty, not gentrification, is the real problem for the urban poor.
Development Seminar | No free lunch: Using technology to improve the efficacy of school feeding programmes
New Delhi, India