A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- Greece’s political crisis. Doug Elliott says that the failure of Greece’s parliament to elect a new president shouldn’t lead to a new euro crisis.
- Qatar’s mediation role. Sultan Barakat discusses his recent paper on Qatar’s approach to brokering regional conflicts.
- Middle East reactions to Senate torture report. Andrew Leber documents the “fairly muted reactions across the Middle East” to the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee report on the CIA’s use of torture.
- Who are the DAPA-eligible? Audrey Singer examines what we know about those eligible for deportation relief under the new Deferred Action for Parental Accountability program, one of the new immigration executive actions announced by President Obama in November.
- Solving the Senkaku Island dispute. Michael O’Hanlon offers a six-point plan to solve the Senkaku/Diaoyu Island dispute between Japan and China.