A roundup of some of the content published today at Brookings.
- The Nixon Sightings (part II). Steve Hess, author of The Professor and the President: Daniel Patrick Moynihan in the Nixon White House, recalls a key moment in his time working with Richard M. Nixon. In this story: the 1960 campaign.
- Elonis v. U.S. Richard Lempert examines the recent First Amendment case in the Supreme Court, Elonis v. U.S.
- A plea for peace in South Sudan. Amadou Sy explores ideas for how we might get peace in war-torn South Sudan.
- Fighting poverty through EITC. Elizabeth Kneebone and Natalie Holmes review the latest national, state, and metro area data on the EITC-eligible population.
- Climate negotiations after Lima. Writing for Planet Policy blog, the Belfer Center’s Scott Moore says additional steps are needed to “fully integrate sub-national players [e.g., cities, states, provinces] into global climate change.”
Todd Stern speaks at The Economist’s Climate Risks Summit.