A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Hot off the Brookings Institution Press: Diversity Explosion. In his new book, William Frey discusses how new racial demographics are remaking America.
- The social media midterms. Darrell West and Beth Stone look at how mobile phones and social media are ever-more trusted mechanisms of disseminating political information.
- DACA’s lessons for executive action on immigration. As President Obama plans for executive action on immigration, Audrey Singer reviews how her research on DACA, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, offers lessons for such action.
- Get the fiscal house in order. Bill Gale argues that a “major priority should be to get our long-term fiscal house in order.”
- Understanding the Ebola outbreak and how to respond. Michael O’Hanlon reviews a recent Brookings event on the Ebola outbreak and international response.
Charmaine Crutchfield contributed to this post.
Rather than serving as a unifying diplomatic exercise to highlight Iran’s troubling regional activities, the [Warsaw] summit primarily highlighted America’s diplomatic isolation from its European allies.