A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- The U.S. and China tackle climate change. Bill Antholis discusses the diplomatic and political logic of today’s U.S.-China climate agreement.
- Reducing the costs of childhood asthma. Alice Rivlin and Meaghan George discuss opportunities to help families reduce asthma attacks and lower health care costs.
- Five questions about the ACA’s medical device tax. Read Greg Daniel’s primer on the Affordable Care Act’s medical device tax and its potential to be repealed by the incoming 114th Congress.
- Innovation is key to change in higher education. Stuart Butler explains what three things are needed for higher education costs to fall and to open opportunities for more Americans.
- How to use big data to combat Ebola. Cameron Kerry, Yves-Alexandre de Montjoye, and Jake Kendall analyze how mobile phone records may help in understanding the spread of Ebola in West Africa.
- Hong Kong at the Obama-Xi summit. Richard Bush examines how both Presidents Obama and Xi addressed the continuing crisis in Hong Kong during their recent summit.
- Why ISIS really wants to conquer Baghdad. Will McCants argues that ISIS’s ambition to take Baghdad is fueled by historical rather than strategic imperatives.
- Cracking the code on STEM. Jessica Lee, Mark Muro and others examine Nevada’s STEM challenge.
Charmaine Crutchfield contributed to this post.