A roundup of some of the content published today by Brookings.
- Diplomacy can save Iraq. Vali Nasr argues that diplomacy can still work in Iraq without resulting in redrawing Middle Eastern borders.
- Government failure. Paul Light studies recent examples of government failure, analyzing their causes and asking what can prevent them in the future.
- Perceptions of the American Dream. Richard Reeves and Joanna Venator find that solid liberals and hard pressed skeptics have little faith in the state of the American Dream.
- Manufacturing in America. Hillary Schaub and Darrell West discuss the future of manufacturing in America.
- Kerry’s diplomatic breakthrough in Afghanistan. Michael O’Hanlon explains the deal agreed upon by both candidates in Afghanistan’s presidential elections to recount all ballots.
- Who is Caliph Ibrahim? Bruce Riedel puts Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, known as Caliph Ibrahim, in perspective.
Elina Saxena contributed to this post.